Hello chicken people. It seems that our efforts are paying off: CLUCK’s proposed legislation has been presented to the Law and Leg committee! While this is a very exciting step forward, we need to continue our efforts, and CLUCK needs YOUR help! Here’s what you can do to get involved;
1. Write a letter or email to your council person. Better yet, call and schedule an appointment (in person or by phone) to talk with them about legalizing backyard hen keeping. Need info about which district you fall in? Check out this site. While you are talking with them, specifically request that they set the legal number of chickens at 6. Have friends and family in the city? Request that they contact their council person. Already contacted your council person? No problem, give them another call and mention that magic number; 6 hens.
2. Volunteer to help out at an event. Right now CLUCK has three events on the calendar and could use your assistance staffing events with folks who can chat about hens and why they should be legal and collect signatures on our petition.
- Green Oak Park on Sept. 11th from 5-8 PM in the Oak Park United Methodist Church (Parking Lot), 3600 Broadway, Sacramento, CA.
- SOCA Home tour on Sept 20th from 10-4 21St street between F and H streets.
- Western Feed table day Saturday, October 17 from 10:00-3:00 at 1600 34th Street Sacramento CA.
3. Join us at our next CLUCK planning meeting on September 15th at 6:00 at the Coffee Garden on Franklin Blvd.
Thank you all for your ongoing interest and support! If you would like to volunteer at an upcoming event please email me at aagcrouch at hotmail dot com. I hope you all have a great week, Abi